NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. . OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA (BUT EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND ELIGIBLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Briggs & Stratton Lid Wars Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on February 24, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on April 4, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). Within the Contest Period, there is an (a) Entry Period; (b) five Voting Rounds; and a Scoring Period each with a specified start and end date. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. The contest consists of a game in which Entrants provide a photo of their helmet and voters submit votes on their favorite designs. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for this Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND HOW TO PLAY: During the Entry Period, visit the Contest application at https://www.game.briggsracing.com/ (“Site”), complete the online registration form, and submit a left side view of your racing helmet. The individual entering the contest is sometimes referred to in the Official Rules as an “Entrant.” During each Voting Round, helmets that passed the previous round will advance to the next round, ultimately selecting the Fast 4 and winner for prizes.
3. WINNERS SELECTION: The top 32 Entrants (“Finalists”) will be selected by a panel of judges selected by Briggs & Stratton, LLC (“Sponsor”) and comprised of Sponsor employees. Submissions will be judged on (1) the successful match to the spirit of Briggs Racing (2) uniqueness (3) quality of craftsmanship (these three criteria will be equally weighted and are referred to as the “Judging Criteria”). In the event that an Entrant’s Submission matches a Submission by another Entrant, the Entrant that submitted first will be selected as a Finalist. Only completed entry forms with photos will be considered for Finalists. Once the Finalists are selected by the panel of judges, Submissions will be displayed for popular vote (as outlined in Section 4 below) during the Voting Periods. Sponsor or its designee will endeavor to notify, via email, those individuals whose Total Elapsed Times are among the top 206 times during the contest (“Winners”). Winners must provide a U.S. shipping address upon notification of winning in order to be eligible to receive a prize.4. VOTING REQUIREMENTS: Voting will take place on the contest website at: https://www.briggsracing.com/game. Voters must be 18 years or older and residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia. Each qualified voter can vote one time. Any Entrant suspected of falsifying votes for an advantage will be disqualified and not eligible to win a prize.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Entrants who are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, and Canada (but excluding residents of Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. Void in Quebec and all other jurisdictions. Employees, contractors, directors and officers, and vendors of Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, domestic partner, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse, domestic partner or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or where restricted by law in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who does not comply with these Official Rules.
6. REQUIREMENTS: In order to have his or her Submission entered into the Contest, prospective Entrants must comply with registration instructions during the Entry Period.
7. REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ENTRIES; GRANT OF RIGHTS. By entering a Submission in connection with the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that (i) the Submission is the property of the Entrant and that Entrant has the sole right to submit it to the Contest; (ii) the Submission does not violate in any way rights of third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; (iii) the Submission does not violate any applicable laws; (iv) Entrant has obtained all necessary licenses or permissions from all third parties for submission into the Contest and for use as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) the posting and/or display of the Submission and any other use contemplated in the Official Rules will not violate rights of any parties or otherwise breach any provision of any applicable law or regulation; (vi) use and posting of the Submission or any part of the Submission in connection with the Contest or as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules is and will be without any further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation (except for any awarded prize as contemplated in these Official Rules), regardless of whether the Submission is a winning entry; and (viii) the Submission submitted in this Contest has not been entered in any other promotion.
Each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor an everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, irrevocable, unrestricted, exclusive license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, display, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property and other rights with respect to each Submission worldwide and/or to include, in part or in whole, any Submission in other works in any media now known or later created, anywhere and forever, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of a Submission into this Contest constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable permission for Sponsor to use the Entrant’s name and city and state of residence, in whole or in part, in print, electronic media, broadcast media, or any other media or manner, whether now known or later created, in perpetuity, in any way Sponsor deems appropriate in connection with promoting the Contest and Sponsor’s business, products and service or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation.
8. SELECTION OF TENTATIVE WINNERS; NOTIFICATION. The tabulation of Total Elapsed Time will be conducted during the Scoring Period. Subject to verification of compliance with the Official Rules, the Entrants with the lowest 206 Total Elapsed Times will receive a Participation Prizes. The Entrants with the lowest 10 Total Elapsed Times will also receive a Championship Prize. The tentative winners will be notified via U.S. mail, telephone and/or e-mail as outlined herein. Sponsor may, at its election, require an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release as a condition to awarding any prize in this Contest. A notified person, at his or her sole discretion, may disclaim the applicable prize by not claiming such prize or by not completing and returning to Sponsor the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (if so requested) within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification and in such case an alternate tentative prize winner will be selected and this process will be repeated until such time as the tentative Championship Prize winners complete and return to Sponsor the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification (if so requested). At such time, subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor, tentative prize winners will be deemed the winners (“Winners”).
9. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Prizes: Fast 4 Championship Prizes are OGIO ATS Helmet Case valued at $85.00. Voting Prizes are selected randomly among voters who complete all four rounds of voting and consist of commemorative Lid Wars tee-shirts valued at $15.00. Prizes will be shipped to the Winners within four (4) to six (6) weeks of the conclusion of the applicable determination of the Winners. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. No transfer or substitution of prizes is permitted except where required by law. If the prizes, or any portion of such prizes, become unavailable, the Sponsor may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize or participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any Entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any Entrant or to award any prize. All federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. Non-compliance or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or for any lost, late, garbled, misdirected, or postage due entries or mail, or for any problems or technical malfunction or download of any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Site, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestions on the Internet or the Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of Prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Site. Use of the Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to users or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Contest Site, or the download of any information from the Contest Site. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being conducted as contemplated in the Official Rules or otherwise planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest and/or to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the Contest or violates these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees to resolve any dispute individually, without resort to any class action. By accepting a Prize in the Contest, Winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of any Prize. Except if Winner is a resident of TN, or where prohibited by law, by accepting prize, Winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, and city / state of residence for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation and to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of winners of the Contest.
11. GENERAL: By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, as applicable, with respect to the Contest, determination of compliance and eligibility of Entrants and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Contest. If a court of competent jurisdiction deems any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, such provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted and the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
12. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempt to use multiple e-mail accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit of this Contest may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or votes will be void.
13. RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES, CONTEST PARTIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AGENTS, RETAILERS, ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY AND/OR FROM ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTEST PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS AND RELEASE EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEFAMATION, INVASION OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR PERSONALITY OR ANY SIMILAR MATTER, RELATING TO THE CONTEST, THE OPERATION THEREOF, OR ANY SUBMISSION, OR BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THE USE AND EXPLOITATION OF THE ENTRIES AS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, OR USE IN COMPOSITE FORM, EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ARE FULLY FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
14. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Wisconsin and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
15. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, available online prior to April 29, 2022, visit https://www.game.briggsracing.com/. To receive a copy by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Sponsor at the Contest Address listed below. Limit one request per outer mailer which should be marked “Winners List Request.” Requests must be received by July 31, 2022.
17. SPONSOR: Sponsor of the Contest is Briggs & Stratton, LLC; all communications to Sponsor should be sent to: Briggs & Stratton, LLC, Attn: Racing Division, 12301 W. Wirth Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53222.